   Re: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

Daniela Florescu wrote:

> XQuery and XSLT do have a data model that will stay at the foundation of
> XML processing in the future. I think it is too late by now to deny that.

This is *a* data model. It is not *the* data model. There is no one XML
data model, and there will not be. The XQuery/XPath 2.0 Data Model will
only be the foundation for XQuery and XSLT 2. Many other developers will
continue to profitably use other data models that better meet their
needs. XML interoperability is based on exchanging syntax, not
representations of data models.