   Re: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

Elliotte Harold writes:

> How does SXML handle attribute types?

Attribute types are represented as basic types of the programming language
Scheme. However, there are not so many basic types in Scheme as there are
specified in XML Schema.

> in particular ID and IDREFS?

For handling ID and IDREFS, we construct an index consisting of pairs:

   ( ID_attribute_value   the_corresponding_SXML_element_with_this_ID )

Since all complex objects in Scheme are pointers, the latter member of the
pair is (physically) a pointer to the corresponding element node in the SXML
document.

Currently we have the DTD parser implemented that extracts the necessary
information of ID attributes declaration [from the DTD]. Parsing an XML
document thus results in its SXML representation constructed, with the
ID-index if required by the application.

Regards,
Dmitry