Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: What niche is XQuery targeting?
- From: "Roger L. Costello" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:53:17 -0500
- Thread-index: AcTYdkaFaSFNTr/fT9SbhnHzz+h2xg==
From previous posts
I have learned that:
1. The capabilities
provided by XQuery is a subset of the capabilities provided by XSLT/XPath
2. The XQuery syntax
is a hybrid - it has some XML characteristics but is not XML.
notes: "It's a non-queriable, non-transformable subset of
Given this, I am
wondering what niche XQuery is expecting to fill?