   Re: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

>But, to process XML in a program, you can never do without the tree view.

I have an several occasions written programs that completely ignore
the tree structure of an XML document.

Typically they act based on element or attribute names (without regard
for how the elements are nested).

And some documents have no important tree structure.  A list of words,
for example, will have to be contained inside a single top-level
element, but that's only to satisfy XML's syntax, and the real
structure is a list.

>Aha, event-based and in which order are the events called?

In order of their position in the document :-)

-- Richard