   Re: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

Burak Emir wrote:

> Aha, event-based and in which order are the events called?

In most cases (not all) beginning to end, start-to-finish, where start
and end are defined by the first and last characters of the XML
document. The tree-nature is *not* exposed. Indeed people have done some
weird things with SAX, that do not properly map startElement to
endElement. I don't much like that, because I like to assume that
everything is indeed properly nested, but not everyone agrees with me,
and people can and do use SAX in ways that actively contradict any
tree-view, not merely that ignore it.