   RE: [xml-dev] What niche is XQuery targeting?

  • To: "Roger L. Costello" <costello@mitre.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What niche is XQuery targeting?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:17:15 -0800

At Microsoft we felt it targetted the needs of people who were tired of the limitations of XPath and wanted the power of XSLT but couldn't deal with the verbose syntax or the need for recursive thinking w.r.t. templates.

Of course, XQuery got so complex that now I personally would rather stick to XSLT. For the average developer I'd suggest using something like X#/Xen/C-Omega or E4X before I'd suggest XQuery.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
There is nothing more satisfying that having someone take a shot at you, and miss.