   Re: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

Howard Katz wrote:
> Agreed: that would be a fascinating and potentially very useful comparison.
> It seems odd to me that I've never seen an article comparing actual XSLT and
> XQuery code for say moderately complex operations. Lots of pontificating
> back and forth but no actual code comparisons that I'm aware of. Anyone know
> of any?

Mike Kay did the Knight's Tour in both XSLT and XQuery. Download Saxon
and you get both in the examples directory.

Evan Lenz did all of the XQuery Use Cases in XSLT, but his TransQuery
site is no longer on the web.

I've written a bunch of things in both XSLT and XQuery, and have one or
two programs I could send you for comparison. The non-trivial examples
are bigger than I should post to a list like this.

Jonathan