   Re: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

Bob Foster wrote:

> Burak Emir wrote:
>
>> I don't like to get philosophical, but what is more responsible:
>>
>> help the 1% by letting the cause persist and curing effect of the
>> ill-defined spec, or
>> helping the 99% which includes the tool writers, by fixing the cause.
>

> Implementing the specs as written is most responsible.

Certainly, and I wonder why it must be so hard to respect the spec, and
why the next version of it should not be better. My comment was about
the future version.

Or does one just accept it and look forward to ever more, fully
backwards compatible versions that repeat the mess and add on top of that?

regards,
Burak Emir

http://lamp.epfl.ch/~buraq