   Data streams

Hi:

I am new to xml and I'm not sure if my question is appropriate for
this list, or not. If it isn't, please tell me and advise as to where
it would be appropriate.

With that disclaimer, now on to the question.

In everything I have read, it appears that every chunk of content
must be encapsulated by tags, such as:

<data>123.456</data>

But, what about streams of data, like from a x/y recorder where one
may have thousands of pieces of data? Is there some way to wrap this
data into a series of comma delimited fields, such as:

<data>
123.456,
234.567,
</data>

Or does each piece have to have it's own tag, such as:

<data>123.456</data>
<data>234.567</data>
<data>345.678</data>
<data>456.789</data>

Many thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions. And my
apology if my question is not appropriate for this list.

tedd
http://sperling.com/