   Re: [xml-dev] RE: Incremental transformations with Xalan and performance

Marian:

> Now you're trying to bind yourself to the XSLT processor implementation, which
> in my oppinion is the worst thing you can do.

I'm not trying to do that....in fact, we've tried to make our application
implementation independent (as I had mentioned, we can switch between Xalan
and Saxon with the change of a simple build property).

But in the real world, to get the job done and also to meet deadlines,
sometimes you have to leverage what you have available, and that can be
processor specific extensions.  The only one we have that is Xalan specific
is the session attribute handling stuff I noted.  And that is only till I
have the time to figure out how to make it work with Saxon, since I presume
there is a way.  But my current deadlines make that something I'll have to
look at down the road.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com