   Re: [xml-dev] Re: XML Pipeline

i think you will find your answers in the world of soap and other
services oriented architectures. your description is an example of
exactly what they were invented for.

xml is the representation format, all the other web services stuff joins
the bits together. if you just go to the w3c home page ( www.w3c.org )
and follow the links there are descriptions there that match your
requirement. also the oasis home page ( http://www.oasis-open.org )

i'd be looking at (as a minimum): an xml editor, soap implementation,
reliable message transmission, and secure message transmission, and
finally some sort of data storage (xml database?) as a data sink. i
think these are the pieces you need. they're all either standards, or
nearly, and there's plenty of competition for open source and
proprietary solutions.

finding products is a different problem, but knowing what you want will
make it much easier.

rick