   Re: [xml-dev] Data streams

I don't think so.c Did you look at the sample he posted?

 > Every one of the XML data elements had this tagging structure:
 > <Row>
 >    <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>
 > </Row>
 >
 > In contrast, the CSV had this structure: 1,

Since the "more information" in the XML, precious little that it adds,
is identical for every data value, the XML format has approximately the
same entropy as the CSV file. This looks more like a failure of the
compression algorithm.

Bob Foster