Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Basic XSD question
- From: "Robert Soesemann" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:27:12 +0100
- Thread-index: AcTe1RrmDO8xNq4zTjevW8/krTyJ9w==
- Thread-topic: Basic XSD question
I have a quite basic question, but I could find a solution.
How can I define in XMLSchema that an element should provide a text
value? When I validate the following XML with the XSD I get no error,
because the empty string seems to be a valid string as well.
<a></a> <-- if a is <a> is included it should have an xs:string
<a></a> <-- a second <a> is also not allowed
<xs:choice maxOccur="1"> <-- why does it not
invalidate the second <a>?
<xs:element name="foo" type="xs:string"
Thanks for replies,