   Re: [xml-dev] What niche is XQuery targeting?

On the contrary,  I think the fact that it's now December of 2004, and
we've yet to see a rec of XQuery 1.0, even though it's been touted as
the de-facto successor in XML query languages for years leaves ample
room for comparison.  Any language that has been built up on that much
hype for so long, yet is not finished, is open for comparison to any
other, even if it hasn't found widespread acceptance.

--
Tom Bradford - Virtuoso Technology Evangelist
OpenLink Software: http://www.openlinksw.com/