   Re: [xml-dev] XML Vocabularies for Large Systems - 3 Philosophically Dif

Joseph,

good question, which is why I usually recommend the design restriction
that only possible root elements should be global - everything else
should be defined as complex data types (anonymous subtypes are
forbidden).

I guess what you end up with is a "library" of complex data types,
which are used under multiple root elements, and it's all contained in
one schema. A logical (namespace), not a physical schema, of course,
being split over several files...

Christian

Christian Nentwich
Technical Director, Syste/\/\/ire