   RE: [xml-dev] [newbie] Mapping a Map 101?

> Would a fully "spelled out" structure like the following make
> it easier
> for XSLT to process? Or is that "over-normalized"?
>
> <dict>
>      <entry>
> 	    <key>
> 		    <string>aKey</string>
> 	    </key>
> 	    <value>
> 		    <integer>101</integer>
> 	    </value>
>      </entry>
> </dict>

If the data type really can vary from one instance to another, then you
might possibly need something like this. I would tend to use the XML Schema
syntax:

 <dict>
      <entry>
 	    <key xsi:type="xs:string">aKey</key>
 	    <value xsi:type="xs:integer">101</value>
      </entry>
 </dict>

In practice I think it's much more common that the data types are implicit.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/