   XSV - Instance Validation Problem

Forgive the XSV newbie question, but I'm getting an crash when running XSV
locally against an XML document.  I successfully ran XSV against the schema
(both online and locally), but now I'm trying to validate an instance doc
against the schema and getting the following message:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsv xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/05/xsv"; crash="true"
docElt="{None}monograph"
     instanceAssessed="true" instanceErrors="0" rootType="[Anonymous]"
     schemaErrors="0" schemaLocs="None -> imm.xsd"
     target="file:///c:/xml/conversion/medfacts-imm/allegra2.xml"
     validation="strict" version="XSV 2.8-1 of 2004/07/01 13:14:57">
  <schemaDocAttempt URI="file:///c:/xml/conversion/medfacts-imm/imm.xsd"
                    outcome="success" source="schemaLoc"/>
  <schemaDocAttempt
URI="file:///c:/xml/conversion/medfacts-imm/ipsshared.xsd"
                    outcome="success" source="include"/>
  <bug>validator crash during validation</bug>
</xsv>

Here is the beginning of the file I'm parsing (I've run it both with and
without the character entities DOCTYPE):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE monograph [

<!ENTITY % spec-charsxml SYSTEM
     "spec-charsxml.ent" >
%spec-charsxml;

]>
<monograph id="fandc-medguide5804"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="imm.xsd">
</monograph>

And this is what I entered at the command line:

xsv -o errfile file:///c:/xml/conversion/medfacts-imm/allegra2.xml

I have also tried removing the schema ref from the instance and listed it on
the command line, with the same errfile result.

Thanks for any help.  If I should take this question elsewhere, let me know.