   Re: [xml-dev] Query decomposition [was: What niche is XQuery targeting?]

CERN has the one of the largest databases in the world. It's nowhere
near a classical database. It isn't even relational. It's just many
Petabytes of flat binary files. CERN and other large research labs such
as SLAC have been doing this sort of stuff successfully for decades.

http://www-db.cs.wisc.edu/cidr/papers/P06.pdf
http://www.sigex.com/pgs/todaysanalysis/traffic8P.php

Similar story for other huge science databases such as the SNAP
satellite supernova database - http://snap.lbl.gov/

Wolfgang.

Wolfgang Hoschek                  |   email: whoschek@lbl.gov
Distributed Systems Department    |   phone: (415)-533-7610
Berkeley Laboratory               |   http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/