   Re: [xml-dev] A Systematic Approach to using Simple XMLVocabularies to I

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 16:16 -0500, Roger L. Costello wrote:

> THE LEN BULLARD APPROACH
>
> The approach that Len suggested was to use a "metadata framework" which ties
> together the simple vocabularies.  Let me try to make concrete Len's
> suggested approach using the above Invoice example.

> Second, create a "metadata framework" which brings cohesion to the simple
> vocabularies:
>
> <Invoice>
>    <PurchasedBy href="RLC"/>
>    <PurchasedItem type="book" href="Bach"/>
> </Invoice>
>
> Len noted that Topic Maps might be used as the metadata framework.
>
> Len, have I characterized your ideas correctly?
>
> THE PETER HUNSBERGER APPROACH
>
> In the above Invoice example tags that are specific to postal addresses and
> books were used.  A disadvantage is that many domain-specific simple
> vocabularies must be created.

I don't see that as a disadvantage Roger.
I often steal with glee bits of vocabularies (revhistory from docbook
this afternoon) to wrap into others.

I see nothing wrong with the approach above,
and see Peter's as 'html-ish'? It has to be either div or span?

regards DaveP

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT + Docbook FAQ