   RE: [xml-dev] A Systematic Approach to using SimpleXMLVocabularies to Im

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 12:59 -0500, Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> Or, it could be the level of confidence of the observation that the
> person has that hair color (i.e. observed at close range, observed
> through camera, heard-about through third party, etc.), or some other
> meaning. Plus, even with the suggested approach, if the validity
> "evaluation levels" changed at some point (perhaps from "after 90 days"
> to "after 120 days"), the XML documents would need to be updated.
>
> It's probably best to decouple the representation from its evaluation,

Which I guess is the job of the application, as Bill suggests?
Interpretation of the data?
I've told you 'facts', dates, now you go work out if its any good to
you?
I guess the boundaries then become a part of the 'business rules' as
Mike keeps calling them, the contract between sender and recipient.

--
Regards,

Dave Pawson
XSLT + Docbook FAQ