   Re: [xml-dev] XML & DataBase Conversion

Marian Olteanu wrote:

>I am sorry, I think you misunderstood the purpose of this mailing list. If somebody did your task
>before, I'm sure that its work is copyrighted (and probably belongs to the company that paid the
>developer). Else, the work is in public domain and you can get it using Google. But you cannot
>integrate in your application if is under GPL or something similar.
>We're here to answer questions, not to provide software.

Easy, there, Marian. Your statement is quite FUD, there is a whole bunch
of licenses which allow integration with no strings attached.

Besides, there might be people on this list who developed such a
solution and would like to share it.

Actually, the description on http://www.xml.org/xml/xmldev.shtml
suggests that one decided benefit of xml-dev is that it supports
collaborative development of software as happened for SAX.

Apart from that, we can also read there:

<snip>
XML-DEV is a unmoderated forum. Therefore, OASIS will not routinely
interfere with the discussion herein, unless it become necessary to
interject should a discussion becomes unproductive or abusive.
</snip>

In my understanding of netiquette, this excludes self-appointed
moderators. Please don't talk on my behalf.

regards,
Burak