   Re: [xml-dev] Streaming XML (WAS: More on taming SAX (was Re: [xm

Alan,

>     There are reasons for programming besides personal intereset
>     and fun? Explain.

:-)

>     I can't see where I'm supposed to put logic that invokes Java
>     reflection in the above statement.

The external logic might go into the external function.

>  Now I have to write a huge
>     switch statement explictly in my:function, or implicitly in the
>     XQuery file.

Yes, but by writing it this way you make your application:
(a) much simpler and
(b) robust to changes

>     Like I said. I didn't want the document. I wanted the parser.
>
>     I don't want to generate a document, I want to generate action.

I understand. That' why I proposed you to use only the searching/pattern
part of XQuery, and use external functions for the action. I guess the
same
can be said about XSLT.

XQuery's goal is not *only* to generate XML documents, it's only a part
of the
game.

Best regards,
Dana