   Re: [xml-dev] Streaming XML (WAS: More on taming SAX (wasRe: [xml

Alan Gutierrez wrote:

>>Alan Gutierrez wrote:
>

>>>   In these cases, it doesn't buy me anything to have the whole
>>>   document in memory, since I'm either assembling some sort of
>>>   AST, or just responding to events, any state that is build up is
>>>   application specific.
>

>>That is why this whole discussion isn't that interesting to me.
>

>     Streaming XML, or the documents verus events debate? I've kind
>     of found the ins and outs of events to be entertaining.

I meant that your point about state being app-specific is also
my experience. So, the problem of how to best build/maintain
state for streaming transformations is app-specific too and solving
it in some platform-independent language neutral form just means
inventing another language (so how is it language independent then?)
which makes me think: why not use the languages I already know.

Karl