   Re: [xml-dev] XSLT2 - which parts solve real 1.0 problems, which makes c

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:17:14 -0500, Michael Champion
<michaelc.champion@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:06:54 -0500, David Megginson
> <david.megginson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  XSLT 2.0 apparently
> > gives neck massages, makes coffee, and does your taxes as well as
> > transforming XML documents.
>
> Going off on a tangent here ... that is a subject which intrigues me.
> It is clear that much of XSLT2 really does offer simpler ways of doing
> things that are possible but tedious in XSLT 1.  It's hard to know,
> before XSLT 2 gets into people's hands and the wheat and chaff get
> sorted out by experience, which parts reflect the the voice of
> experience, and which parts are "second system syndrome".  Anyone want
> to offer opinions?

The bit we've used so far has been for two reasons: xPath 2 iteration
support ( every $x in...) and regular expression support.  Simplified
nodeset handling is good, we sometimes run Saxon in 1.1 mode for that,
but having it blessed is better.

--
Peter Hunsberger