   study on multiple media and xml?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: study on multiple media and xml?
  • From: Bryan Rasmussen <bry@itnisk.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 13:37:50 +0100

I remember some years back there was a paper that was published postulating that
xml in fact pointed to a more unstable and disparate media future, that in
essence what we would have to do in the future would be to process multiple xml
formats into multiple media outputs.

one of the other arguments this paper was that the display requirements of many
media are such that they cannot adequately be represented in a markup format
that does not allow one to have presentation defined along with content.

anyone know the document Im talking about, i would really like to find it again.
thanks.

--
Bryan Rasmussen