   Re: [xml-dev] SAXException, checked, buy why?

* Karl Waclawek <karl@waclawek.net> [2005-01-04 15:22]:

> >>Yes, a conduit, but it should not care about what goes through
> >>that conduit.  This would create unnecessary dependencies.
> >

> >    No. I think that means a lot of Object.
> >
> >    Attaching a map to the error event?
>
> The fact that you are adding certain methods with a specific signature
> already defines dependencies, even if you use Object everywhere.
> Using an abstract class is more open, IMO. It would serve as what
> you would call an opaque pointer in other languages.

    I don't follow.

    public interface StrategyError /* maybe something here */ {
        // Stuff here.
    }

    Suggestions?

    My thought.

    public final StrategyError extends Error {
        private final HashMap variables = new HashMap();

        public StrategyError(Throwable cause) {
            super(cause);
        }

        public Map variables() {