   Re: [xml-dev] The Airplane Example (was Re: [xml-dev] Streaming X ML)

it's a bit more complex. i've noticed that the users of simple systems
which require a lot of excess staff and extra paper and add on systems
designed by the users (read loads of spreadsheets) seem to be happier
than users of very efficient systems that do everything for them.
perhaps someone has done a study of this..

the systems that appear simple but are complex underneath and all but
run the businesses or processes are cost efficient and usually a
significant financial advantage for the corporation.

the other systems survive because so many companies a) don't know about
the latter and b) are happy to remain in a different competitive
optimisation well.

it's a paradox and as much as i dislike the salesstaff over selling the
systems, i need them to make the propects dissatisfied with the simple
system.

on this basis i'm nearly ready to argue for xml n.0 to be a simplified
xml, rather than a more complex one. more on that when i get my ideas
sorted better and have time to write the somewhat longer discourse.

rick