   Re: [xml-dev] An unclear point with W3C XML 1.0 Specification

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 07:30:13AM +1100, david.lyon@computergrid.net wrote:
> Elliotte,
>
> You'd be surprised the number of companies that still
> use floppy disks to send out data. So many find they
> can use CSV because it fits on a floppy, and are unable
> to use xml because it won't fit.

Of course, if they could compress the XML file with gzip (or if
their application did this for them, as OpenOffice and AbiWord can,
for example) the file would probably be even smaller.

But I accept that such an approach may create a human training problem.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/