   Re: [xml-dev] So, what's new in the world of RELAX NG?

Michael Champion wrote:

> So, is this because RELAX NG is mature and people are productively
> using it and don't need to talk about it, or has it hit a plateau (or
> worse) in the adoption curve?   Does anyone want to argue that it is
> quietly gaining traction and mindshare in the real world of end-users?

In my corner of the world, it's gaining mindshare. What I see are people
using rng as the canonical schema format and exporting it to xsd for
tool usage. In other words xsd is an implementation detail; people are
thinking in rng.

In terms of optics, rng seems to be a victim of its own success. It
doesn't conserve complexity and doesn't require much by the way of
tools. Vendors are not motivated to build tools for rng. End users and
developers who have come to expect to do integration work through tools
don't use rng as a result of there not being tools.

cheers
Bill