   RE: [xml-dev] A bunch of components, but no mandated organization - reas

  • To: "Roger L. Costello" <costello@mitre.org>, "XML Developers List" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] A bunch of components, but no mandated organization - reasonable?
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:16:25 -0500

A perfect example of GIGO :)

> Every Wednesday morning I bring all my trash out to the front
> of my house.
> During the day a trash collector comes along and picks up the
> trash.  When I return home in the evening the trash is gone.
>
> Information (trash) was exchanged.  And it occurred without
> a-priori knowledge by either party of the specific
> transaction that would occur.

Is that really true? The person(s) that collected it had knowledge of
what to recognize and pick up - that is, they did not pick up
(hopefully) a cat that walked by, or the grass at the front of the
house, or a tree (assuming they could). They recognized the perinent
components and how they related to what was around them. So I would say
that this is not fully supportive of the notion of non a-priori
knowledge.

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World