   RE: [xml-dev] A bunch of components, but no mandated organization - reas

Len,

Difficult to argue with you when you are right :-)

> Step away from the machine for a moment and ask, how do
> market grammars and market protocols emerge?  Trades.
> Another model for that is "discourses".
>
> 1.  If you don't start with a grammar, you will create one.
> 2.  If you don't start with a protocol, you will create one.

Well this implies that XML needs it's own protocol, and I
would probably agree with that. I don't believe that SOAP
really embraces all that can be done with XML, even XML
ver 1.0.

Here we do searches on XML documents, and if we have more
than one machine, we can grid the searches to get results
back a little faster.

Things like SOAP aren't really setup to do this kind of thing
with the kind of speed that having the XML would suggest
would be required to do the cool things.. just my opinion.

Where is this going...? Len is perceptive and probably
right. Organisation and the way all the components are
assembled is the key to everything.. life.. the universe..
everything.. change the six cosmological constants even
slightly and you can end up with something entirely
different...

David