   RE: [xml-dev] A bunch of components, but no mandated organization- reaso

> Sorry, I'm just not a SOAP fan. Call it a vi versus emacs thing, I
> just can't be converted no matter how many religious zealots come
> knocking on my door.

I don't get it.  SOAP means you wrap your content inside an Envelope, and
then insdie a Body element.  In return you get a standard place to put
meta-data, a multi-hop process model, and (if you want it), all those big
clunky WS-xxx protocols.  Nothing else is involved, and certainly nothing
constrains you to 1:1 messaging.  You must be confusing SOAP with all the
goop vendors have built around it.  You don't have to use that, any more
than you have to use the goop they built around XML.

At any rate, SOAP seems like a great trade-off to me.   But hey, chug
away at whatever you like.  I'm not trying to convince *you*, just trying
to make sure other folks knokw the real story. :)
	/r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html