   Re: [xml-dev] find with XPath over file system

  • To: Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] find with XPath over file system
  • From: Oleg Paraschenko <usenet@datahansa.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:36:40 +0300
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

  Hello,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:50:10 +0000
Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 January 2005 14:03, Oleg Paraschenko wrote:
> >   Hello,
> >
> >   might be of some interest:
> >
> > find with XPath over file system
> > http://uucode.com/texts/xfind/index.html
> >
> > <quote>
> >
> > The standard UNIX utility "find" now supports XPath:
>
> Will this be -- or already is -- merged into the standard package,

  I doubt that it can be merged into the standard package. I'm even
not sure that the find utility needs XPath. The main goal of making
find+xpath was to support my ongoing research by producing an example
of extending non-XML programs by XML features.

> and will over time find its way into the distributions?

  Yes, I think so, but not right now. I found several issues which
should be fixed.

> Definitely novice :)
>

> Cheers,
>
> 		Frans