   RE: [xml-dev] xml 2.0 - so it's on the way after all?

  • To: Carlos da Costa <carlos.dacosta@lbicon.co.uk>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] xml 2.0 - so it's on the way after all?
  • From: Toni Uusitalo <toni.uusitalo@pan.nu>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:33:49 +0200
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

At 18:50 4.2.2005, you wrote:

>I just tried it with MSXML 4 SP2 and it worked for me.
>I even succeeded transforming it with XSLT. (Although the document is boring
>- only having a "doc" element.)

Beware: I've patented that document; you cannot use that doc in productive
XSLT transformations ;-)

>Maybe you should check what version of MSXML your IE is using?

MSXML4 is installed said the sniffer (not my dog but one at the topxml site).
I noticed there's security update available for my IE, I'll install that
and see if that helps.
But my point was it isn't easy to write conformant parser when the DTD
parameter entities are concerned - it takes a few versions and a few SPs and
careful sniffing of program code ;-)

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo