   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Where does the "nothing left but toolkits" mythcome fr

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

>>Can you point at someone expecting that or are you just
>>casting random aspersions for the fun of it?
>
> Reread the statement above yours. This was also the impression I got at
> the binary XML town hall meeting at XML 2004 [especially from the
> representative from the US military].

The statement above mine is not the one you're quoting, I was addressing:

 > This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You'd think
 > experience would have taught people the folly of thinking 'we want the
 > W3C to come up with the single standard that wil solve all our
 > problems'.
from http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200502/msg00198.html

Now if what you meant to say is that the notion that there should be one
Web instead of a disjoint set of AOL-style walled gardens is wrong then
I'm unsure where to start disagreeing, and also don't see the way in
which such a goal consitutes a "single standard that will solve all our
problems".

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist