   Fwd: [xml-dev] Java open source Schema aware XPath 2.0 processor release

  • To: XML Developers List <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Fwd: [xml-dev] Java open source Schema aware XPath 2.0 processor released
  • From: Kenneth Stephen <marvin.the.paranoid@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:14:57 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kenneth Stephen <marvin.the.paranoid@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:01:03 -0600
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Java open source Schema aware XPath 2.0
processor released
To: Andrea Bittau <a.bittau@cs.ucl.ac.uk>

Andrea,

    Whats the intended use case for this? Could it, for instance, be
used to convert a non-schema aware XSLT 2.0 processor into a schema
aware version?

    Also, your document claims that this is the first XPath 2.0 schema
aware processor. I think the schema aware Saxon processor has already
achieved that a while back. What am I missing?

Regards,
Kenneth