   Re: [xml-dev] Article on JAXP 1.3 "Fast and Easy XML Processing"

Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
> Check out the new article   *"Fast and Easy XML Processing" *[1] which
> explains the new concepts introduced in JAXP 1.3 (JSR 206) !

Interesting, despite the utter dearth of definite articles.

You talk about the benefits of an "object model neutral" XPath API, yet
provide no examples of how any object model other than W3C DOM might
work. DOM already provides its own XPath API, and I'm guessing that by
promoting the JAXP version you believe it's a better solution. Could
you provide any reasons for us to use and/or implement both APIs? What
other object models might be supported, and if they're so important,
why does JAXP not have core support for them?

I'm also of the opinion that the "security enhancements" are a crock.
What you're essentially saying is give the user an option to prespecify
an abort if the implementation detects a condition it can't scale to
correctly. Or perhaps I'm missing something - does it also specify, for
instance, that URLs must use HTTPS or some other cryptographically
secure protocol, and abort if that's not the case? If so, that's not in
the documentation.
--
Chris Burdess