   Re: [xml-dev] Why associate an attribute with a namespace ?

>>For that
>>you only need a
>>special syntax like:
>>
>>:AllLowerCase:
>>:lang:
>>:space:
>>:base:
>>

>Sure. Prefix your attribute names with an underscore and they are guaranteed
>to be different from attribute names invented by anyone else.
>
>Michael Kay
>http://www.saxonica.com/

I have no intention to define new attributes. That is obvious from my post.

I often found that a lot of people get upset when they have to explain their
point of view. Have you learn by heart your explanations and you can only
blindly repeat what you've been told ? I asked about the rationale behind the
decision to allow namespaces for attributes.

For your described case (special attributes)  you need merely syntax changes and
not namespaces. Are namespaces just syntax ?

Regards,
Razvan

www.mihaiu.name