   Re: [xml-dev] What should TrAX look like? (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Articleon

Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> [...]

A marker interface is just that - a marker. The design flaw happens when
you leave it there and don't fill it out.

Casting is a way to get answers on-demand, parametric polymorphism is
way to supply answers for the questions you knew about upfront. I still
think there's a need here for an object that can answer questions about
what's being transformed. The exception to that is if you know that
there are precious few questions - then polymorphism works a treat - I
don't get that sense in this case.

cheers
Bill