   RE: Re: [xml-dev] What should TrAX look like? (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Artic

  • To: "Prakash Yamuna" <techpy@yahoo.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [xml-dev] What should TrAX look like? (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Article on JAXP 1.3 "Fast and Easy XML Processing")
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:18:59 -0800

What interface? If you get something that implements Source, all you
know is that you can ask it for its System identifier. How is that a
useful contract to enforce? I might as well just accept java.lang.Object
and ask for its type which is how most APIs that accept Source as input
have to work anyway.

> This becomes very useful from an evolution perspective. The
> reason it is underspecified is a lot of models have disparate
> needs and there has been no common agreement on how they can
> expose it.

Translation: Source isn't any more useful than just using
java.lang.Object

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
No matter how long or how hard you shop for an item, after you've bought

rights.