   Re: [xml-dev] Transmitting XML between different applications

On Friday 18 February 2005 05:53 pm, Michael Kay wrote:
> > I want to compare the above approaches from
> > feasibility and performance point of view. I also want
> > to know other approaches..
> >
> > As a secondary requirement, I want to make the XML
> > transmission reliable(i.e. guranteed and 1 time
> > delivery). I belive, I can use messaging softwares for
> > this (like WebSphere MQ and others). What are the best
> > practices for reliable transmission?

This depends upon many factors, and what the application
is required for.

In a way, you are asking how long is a piece of string.

If you have the budget, by all means install MQ. That's
probably the big daddy of messaging systems but not
everybody has that and it doesn't do everything.

There are many other options, from roll your own to an
off the shelf middleware platform.

Best practice is something that works well in a particular
business setting, delivers competitive advantage and that is
something that only you can determine for your environment.

Best Regards

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.