   RE: [xml-dev] Transmitting XML between different applications

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Transmitting XML between different applications
  • From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 01:38:36 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Hello Mr. Kay,
  When you say, "probably not to encode it at all,
i.e. send the XML document as is", do you mean send
the XML document as a string?

My sending application will create XML (for e.g. from
browser input). I think best way to create a XML
structure from discreet input values, would to use a
DOM parser, and then serializing the DOM object into
string? Is this the best way to create XML string at
source application!

I recently came to know about 2 applications
exchanging XML via email as transport. The sending
application sends "XML file" attachments to a specific
email address. The receiving application extracts the
XML attachments from email. Is this a practical
approach?

I am curious to know about "binary XML" approach.. Can
you please provide some reading reference? Is binary
XML approach being used today in production systems,
or is it a research topic today?

Regards,
Mukul