   RE: [xml-dev] Transmitting XML between different applications

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Transmitting XML between different applications
  • From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:22:55 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Thank you Mr. Kay for valuable suggestions.. I just
have now few more doubts..

1) The binary XML idea. I would appreciate some
reference. How it fits into technical architecture,
vendor support etc?

2) One question I asked earlier in this thread. If I
create a DOM object at source application using
Xerces; can I consume this DOM object using another
parser at recieving end (for e.g. Oracle). My feeling
is no.. The reason being - A specific parser uses its
own data structures to implement DOM interfaces. So
another parser cannot read the DOM..

3) You said -"other possibilities include writing out
SAX events to a SAX serializer". How is it actually
implemented? My understanding is - SAX API is used
while reading the XML document. Can it also be used to
*create* XML documents?

Regards,
Mukul