   Re: [xml-dev] schema keyref to other schema.

> Has the use of the document function been standardised now? I remembered
> it used
> to just be allowed in the xslt implementation. Which other
> implementations, if
> any, support it?

Yes, Schematron by default uses the XSLT 1.0 flavour of XPath. I believe
that all implementation built on XSLT support it, such as the skeleton
code at Academia Sinica.

The document() function also make it possible to build schemas that
test the output of a pipeline compared to its input.

In the spec for upcoming ISO Schematron[1], see this is expressed in Annex
C Default Query Language Binding[2] as  "The query language used is the
extended version of XPath specified in XSLT."

ISO Schematron allows you to use different versions of XPath, such as
basic xpath, stx and xpath2.[3]

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe

[1]  http://www.schematron.com/spec.html