Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: RSS/RSS-Data for General Data Exchange
- From: "Chiusano Joseph" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:04:21 -0500
- Thread-index: AcUbXA0FVt4E4YwFQ9Oa20Rjcxqm+A==
- Thread-topic: RSS/RSS-Data for General Data Exchange
Has anyone here had
experience using RSS-Data? (RSS has been somewhat out of my strike zone but that
changing) I'm pondering the possibility of using RSS (or RSS-Data) to act as a
general information exchange mechanism - that is, the data exchanged would have
nothing to do with newsfeeds (if that is even possible using RSS/RSS-Data).
understand that one could use RSS and apply an XSLT stylesheet just before the
non-RSS-formatted information gets onto the wire/just after it comes off of the
wire, so that the use of RSS is transparent to the sending/receiving systems
themselves, with the primary advantage being be the use of an RSS reader (and
aggregator?) for the exchange.
Are these approaches
wise? Does the amount of effort required to utilize them for the stated purpose
outweigh the benefits?
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to