   Re: [xml-dev] XRules: Mind your own business rules

Waleed Abdulla wrote:

>    I've done a lot of work in this area and I'm looking to find out if
>anyone is interested in participating in the ongoing design and development
>of this effort. It involves two components:
>
>1. XRules, which is an XML rules language that expresses constraints,
>calculations, interdependencies, and properties that exist among nodes of an
>XML document.
>2. The Dynamic DOM, which is an extension of the DOM that dynamically
>executes and validates XRules rules. For example, you change the ItemPrice
>node and the ItemTotal node recalculates automatically.

>    So, if you're interested in the idea, or have suggestions or comments,
>I'd like to hear it. And, if you think this is the worst thing since
>chocolate bacon, then, well, I'd like to hear it too.

It looks very nice to me.  Perhaps is is not really an "XML rules language"
but a "DOM rules language":  the dynamic part only makes much sense for a
DOM-like scenario, and the properties operate and extend the infoset. That
pretty much just leaves the constraints as operating on the XML, and
these are
much the same as Schematron which already exists.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe