   RE: [xml-dev] xpath check if value-atribute is empty

You're better off asking xpath coding questions on the xsl-list at
www.mulberrytech.com, which tends to stick to its intended subject, unlike
xml-dev which tends to wander off into discussions about google and black
helicopters.

boolean(string(@value))

will be true only if @value exists and is not "".

Michael Kay