   Re: [xml-dev] xml on a chip....

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:57:04 -0500, David Lyon
<david.lyon@computergrid.net> wrote:

> I saw some news email about some people looking at doing dedicated
> xml on a chip.

What exactly do you mean by "xml" in this case? XSLT ? Parsing, composition?

> There are quite a number of dedicated little microprocessors around
> that are capable of doing such a job. Some have little network
> ports so that you can just plug them into a LAN and go.
>
> Just wondering if there is anybody on this list working on that?

A long time ago (in a city far, far away)  I did a little work on a
dedicated hardware architecture for tree traversal and merge.  The
idea was to be able to parallelize general data processing.  XML
didn't exist at the time, if it had the idea would have likely got
some traction.... :-)

--
Peter Hunsberger