   Re: [xml-dev] Fun With Schemas

it is fun - if work can be described that way. just depends on your
viewpoint.

business (at least in the first world) is about information. and xml is
about managing/manipulating information.

so for a few months i'm deep down in translators, then the projects are
about gui specifications/implementations (xul is really excellent at
this), then it's database interfaces, then it's message passing.

it's technical, it's exciting (for computing), it's challenging, and
it's hard work. oops, did we forget to tell the students that the real
world involves hard work, projects that fail, boredom, and occassional
success.

did you ever watch the australian anti-war movie "the odd angry shot"?
that's the real world. months of boredom interspersed with a brief
periods of excitement and action.

David Lyon wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 4:13 pm, Rick Marshall wrote:
>

>>i must be missing something here. every day i do battle with
>>translations from one vocabulary to another. flat files to csv to edi to
>>xml to printer codes to postscript etc. actually i'm a bit over it all
>>at the moment.
>>

>Yes me too. I thought you were one of our respected leaders and
>teachers for the W3C in Australia. Helping and inspiring us mere mortals
>that aren't on the W3C to go forward and do useful and interesting things.

i'm none of those things. just a hard worker like yourself.

begin:vcard
fn:Rick  Marshall
n:Marshall;Rick
email;internet:rjm@zenucom.com