   Re: [xml-dev] xml on a chip....

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 9:50 pm, Rich Salz wrote:
> > There are quite a number of dedicated little microprocessors around
> > that are capable of doing such a job. Some have little network
> > ports so that you can just plug them into a LAN and go.
>
> And what do they do?

Hi Rich,

Ralph Hilkens earlier response was pretty much right.

The ones that I have seen, Rabbit etc.. are a processor with as much
power as a '386 and you can run temperature sensors, any kind of
sensor really..

They have the ability to easily do xml, both read and write, through
all sorts of ports, parrellel, serial, network, usb etc

I once proposed that ebxml could be made to run on such chip
based computers, but I got boo-ed down... :-)

and then I noticed the article in some news feed...

just wondering if it ever came to something.

maybe we should hold a competition to see who can come up
with the most outragious and useful idea for xml on a chip... then
put it to some uni students to actually build it......

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.